Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Winter is Coming!

~My photo gallery~  Christine Anne at Smugmug  ~My photo gallery~


The seasons are changing!  I'm sitting here at the computer, knowing that I need to get in the car and go buy groceries for all the yummy things I'm supposed to make for Thanksgiving.  But it's cold outside!  Winter is almost here.  We've had such a mild autumn that I'm still in denial.

While winter is not one of my favorite seasons, I love capturing images such as the one below.  After a bitter-cold day of tubing with the family this past January, we stuck around the park (Blackwell Forest Preserve) for a while.  The guys tramped through the snow to another tubing/snowboarding spot, and I hung around the car--I was c-c-cold! 

As the sun began to go down, a break in the clouds caught my attention.  When I turned toward the west, I saw the sun-lined clouds framing this gigantic snow-covered pine tree.  For the next several minutes, I wasn't so cold any more.  Thank You, Lord, for winter.


You have established all the boundaries of the earth;
You have made summer and winter.
Psalm 74:17 nasb

Living life.
Capturing life.
Christine

Visit my family blog: Indeed My Heritage


~My photo gallery~  Christine Anne at Smugmug  ~My photo gallery~

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing "frame" God provided for that tree!

    Love you!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete