Friday, November 26, 2010

Saturday Sightings -- Thanksgiving Sunset

~My photo gallery~  Christine Anne at Smugmug  ~My photo gallery~






Please click on Mrs. M's button above to visit her blog, 
to view interesting photos, and to participate with us!

What a chilly day Thanksgiving turned into!  It dipped into the teens in the evening, though we didn't notice because we were well-fed, snug and warm inside my parents' home.

As my mom and I chatted in the kitchen during clean-up time, the sunset glow caught my eye through the kitchen window at my mom's back.  I instantly grabbed my camera and slipped out onto the back yard deck.  Brr!


But the glowing western sky was worth the cold.  What amazing golds and yellows the Lord blessed me with!  About ten minutes later, I slipped outside again.


Okay, seriously.  Could it get any prettier?  I really didn't edit these photos; God did all of the painting.  Several minutes later, here is what met my eyes.


The yellows and golds had faded into deep reds, pinks, and purples.  The fenceline was still edged in gold.


Blue--my favorite color.  Though nothing beats the colors of a sunset.  Thank You, Lord!!

Living life.
Capturing life.
Christine

Visit my family blog: Indeed My Heritage


~My photo gallery~  Christine Anne at Smugmug  ~My photo gallery~

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow!
    What beautiful sightings! Your photos made my heart worship the Lord. Magnify Him, the Creator of this beauty.

    Thank you Christine for sharing your gifts. You are a gifted photographer.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is incredibly beautiful, Christine!

    Love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete